Budget Direct recently compared the cost of living in Australian cities…
- If you’re living in a one-bedroom apartment in Adelaide you’ll be paying on average $1000 less a month than someone in Sydney;
- Brisbanites get the best deal when it comes to the total cost of electricity, heating, water and rubbish collection for an average-sized apartment;
- Somewhat surprisingly, a regular cappuccino costs less in Sydney, than Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide;
- Perth is the most expensive city for cinema tickets and a 3-course meal for 2;
- The average monthly disposable wage after tax is highest in Sydney, followed by Perth;
- However, Sydney has the highest average monthly gym membership.
You can find more details here.