This has to be my favourite cafe in all of Sydney! Unfortunately, The Grounds of Alexandria seems to be the favourite for all 4.5 million of the other Sydneysiders too! Here are my top tips to survive your visit:
- It is open from 7am-4pm in the week and 7.30am-4pm on weekends. Get there early!
- If you arrive after it opens, allow an hour to get a table inside their cafe. Make sure you put your name down as soon as you arrive. By the time, you have said hi to Kevin Bacon (their pet pig), gabbed a coffee from the coffee cart outside and checked out the markets, the waiting time will be gone before you know it.
- If you really don’t want to wait for a table or it is too nice a day to sit inside, there are food stands outside and it is usually much quicker to get a seat under the pergola.
- Catch public transport or walk here if you can – the parking is crazy, even in the week as it is near lots of offices.
- If you are in a group of 6 in the week or 10 at weekends, you can make a booking. Make the most of this!
- Visit Salt Meat Cheese next door before you leave. Their pasta, dulce du leche peanut butter and buffalo mozzarella are amazing (no together.although you never know).
- If you fancy alcohol with lunch, go next door to The Potting Shed instead. It’s owned by the same people and just as brilliant. Click here for our review.
- Go! Even if you have to queue for a bit, we promise its worth it!