Sydney Concierge has been providing Airbnb Concierge services for the last 18 months. During that time, I have repeatedly been asked by first-time Airbnb hosts for tips regarding their listing. Please find my top 10 tips below:
- The photos are so important. Include ones of nearby landmarks and any special features your property has (e.g. barista-style coffee machine, views of the Harbour Bridge, extremely fast NBN, huge TV, heated pool and spa in the building, travel cot & highchair for families etc).
- The description is just as important of course. Make it as detailed as you can, including details of public transport and parking options etc.
- Be honest in your listing, so you don’t create too high expectations. If your property has any little quirks or is on the fourth floor with no lift (or a temperamental one) it is better to mention it now, rather than annoy a guest who then leaves a poor review.
- Mention that check-in and check-out times are flexible. (Sydney Concierge provides these services between 7am and 10pm, subject to availability).
- Create a house manual/folder, with local tips, the WIFI logon details, nearby great restaurants & cafes, any rules you have, the nearest supermarket/GP/chemist/ATM, tried and trusted takeaway menus, list of useful apps (e.g. Tripview or Citymapper for public transport), printed Google maps with the route to the nearest train station/ferry wharf, manuals for technology/the washing machine etc.
- Reply quickly to all enquiries. Within the hour if you can. This can affect your ranking on Airbnb. Sydney Concierge can co-host your listing if you think you won’t be able to reply within the hour (e.g. you are going overseas and the time difference is 9 hours.
- Airbnb will allow you to charge extra for cleaning. This will often pay for Sydney Concierge’s services.
- Lock away/remove anything valuable, such as artwork, jewellery, and items of sentimental value.
- The ‘instant book’ option is great for last minute bookings and to make your potential guests’ lives easier. It does mean you won’t be able to pick and choose who stays though.
- Airbnb will suggest what price you should charge. I would also look at what other similar properties in your area are charging, and consider if they are smaller/larger and have features you do not or vice versa. Perhaps also consider reducing your price at the start a little, in order to get your first bookings and 5-star reviews.
Sydney Concierge can help you with all of the above. Please contact me for more details.