Not surprisingly, Valentine’s Day is one of the busiest days of the year for dining out in Sydney. Not sure where to go? Overwhelmed by options? In no particular order, please find our romantic recommendations for dinner (some with a twist) on Valentine’s Day:
- Live music, great food and drinks and movie under the stars…Sunset Cinema is your perfect Valentine’s Day event!
- There are 2 packages available:
- Lawn Lounge Couples Package – $80 per person
- The best in outdoor cinema experience – with full butler service! The Lawn Lounge Couples Package caters for 2: relax on bean loungers in our Lawn Lounge area (best spot on site) and our wait staff will be bringing to you your complimentary drinks (your choice of beer or wine till start of film), your Valentine’s Day dinner for 2 from Jimmy Liks, plus two packs of Cobs Popcorn and Choc Tops. The perfect indulgence for this Valentine’s Day!
- Bean Bag Couples Package – $60 per person
- This package includes 2 General Admission tickets, 2 bean bags, a bottle of MadFish wine (choice of red, white or sparkling) and your Valentine’s Day dinner for 2 from Jimmy Liks.
- Bring A Picnic Package – $80 per person
- This package includes 2 General Admission tickets, 2 comfy back rests and a bottle of MadFish wine (choice of red, white or sparkling). Pack your own picnic or pick something delicious from our onsite vendor!
Pomme d’Amour Lovers’ Dinner
- $185 per person
- Whisk your Valentine away to Sydney’s first-ever harbour-side Lovers’ Dinner being staged in the heart of the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney. Enjoy a three-course dinner and open bar (selection of sparkling, Australian wines, beer, spirits or soft drinks) as you drink in the world-famous view from this exclusive, private location set to be Sydney’s most romantic Valentine’s event. Dine under the stars at a candle-lit table for two, enjoying live music and a 3-course dinner prepared by the Botanic Garden Restaurant. The romance begins on Valentine’s Day, when we send your paramour a bouquet of roses with a personalised invitation to join you at the Lovers’ Dinner (purchased separately).
- NB – this will be held on Friday 17th February
- $195 per person
- With breathtaking views of the Sydney Opera House and glittering harbour as your backdrop, enjoy a glass of Moet and Chandon Rose Champagne on your arrival, then savour the delicious flavours of executive chef Etienne Karner’s specially designed 3-course Valentine’s Day menu. For lasting memories, ladies will receive a delightful gift with our compliments.
The Grounds Secret Garden
- $230/250 per person, depending on area chosen
- Set under the stars, The Grounds are inviting you into our Secret Garden, where a magical experience awaits. Brought to life with an abundance of overgrown and wild trailing greenery, floral installations and picture perfect moments illuminated by fairy lights. Throughout the evening we’ll tantalise your senses with captivating entertainment, and capture the romance in our luscious photo booth with a swing for two. A breath-taking occasion not only for your eyes, we’ll excite your tastebuds with an exquisite Valentine’s cocktail on arrival followed by four divine courses of canapés, entree, main, and a spectacular dessert to share. Each matched with wines.
WILDLIFE Sydney Zoo
- $150 per person
- WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is offering something special for your loved one this Valentine’s Day with a unique couples dinner package. Enjoy canapés and drinks on arrival alongside our kangaroos and wallabies in Kangaroo Walk-About, and then enjoy an intimate 2-course dinner for two on Koala Rooftop. Learn about the romantic side of our animal friends throughout the evening – you’ll enjoy Keeper Talks in Kangaroo Walk-About, Koala Rooftop and Kakadu Gorge. Includes: 3-hour drinks package including sparkling, wine, beer and soft drinks, as well as animal encounters throughout the evening.
- $249 per person
- Spoil that special someone with an evening to remember, including a glass of champagne and amuse bouche on arrival, a decadent three course meal with matching wines, served to you in your private ferris wheel carriage and some of the most spectacular dining views available in Sydney.
Intercontinental Double Bay
- There are 2 packages available:
- A Rooftop Romance – $149 per person
- Boasting panoramic views of Sydney Harbour and the shimmering waters of Double Bay, treat your loved one to a dining experience under the stars at Rooftop this Valentine’s Day. For one exclusive evening, Rooftop will offer couples the opportunity to dine poolside in this idyllic and Mediterranean setting and enjoy a heavenly seafood platter for two and a bottle of Moët & Chandon Rosé Impérial.
- A Table for Two – $95 per person
Sweep your loved one off their feet this Valentine’s Day with an unforgettable experience that combines the stylish sophistication of Stillery cocktail bar with an intimate and sumptuous dinner for two in Stockroom Restaurant. Double Bay’s most stylish lounge and bar presents the perfect setting to relax and unwind with the one you love. Begin the evening at Stillery and delight in the old-school charm and soulful sounds of live piano and vocals by The Pianoman, Scot Finnie. The indulgence continues in Stockroom Restaurant, as we present you with an intimate three-course menu and a glass of Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé Champagne. Choose from a delicious array of entrée’s such as Citrus Cured Yellow Fin Tuna or the Windsor Wood-Smoked Duck Carpaccio, mouth-watering main meals and a sweet finale of desserts.
Sydney Tall Ships
- $139 per person
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a truly enchanting twilight sail aboard a magnificent tall ship. Spoil your partner with a delicious special dinner, as you glide across Sydney Harbour beneath the billowing sails of one of our majestic tall ships. Sumptuous food, drinks package, chocolates and a rose for the lady, with a tender moment shared together on a harbour serene at twilight. Departing from Campbell’s Cove, you will cruise past all the iconic landmarks including Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, Fort Denison, Garden Island, Taronga Zoo, Luna Park and Admiralty House. If you’d like to get involved and help hoist the sails you can; otherwise simply sit back, relax and enjoy your romantic evening.
- $99 per person
- Cosied up in an aura of intimacy within the rich hues of 117 dining, ignite the romance with a decadent five-course degustation on Valentine’s Day. Curated by our award-winning team of chefs, indulge your beloved with a rich blend of locally inspired dishes from Seaweed Cured Hiramasa Kingfish sourced at iconic Sydney Fish Market to succulent cuts of duck breast with an Asian twist. Surpass your Valentine’s expectations as you transcend to level 31 post-dinner for a glass of sparkling, overlooking the sparkling Sydney harbour from Supper Club’s wrap-around balcony.
- $125 per person, or $190 with matched wines
- Includes four course and stunning harbour views
Sake Rocks/Double Bay
- $110 per person
- Spoil that special someone with a beautiful lunch or dinner at Saké Restaurant & Bar this Valentines Day, Tuesday 14th February. Start with a glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne before our Chefs take you on a gastronomical contemporary Japanese journey. Your journey will finish with a Valentine’s Day edition of their famous Dragon Egg dessert which will be sure to impress the one you love.
- There are 2 packages available:
- Cocktail Event – $99 per person
- In partnership with Fairfax & Roberts, join us for an evening of champagne and diamonds at our exclusive Valentine’s Day cocktail event. Explore the new engagement ring collection, Everlasting, then delight in a complimentary engagement ring consultation and mini diamond masterclass. One lucky winner will receive an exclusive Fairfax & Roberts experience*. Enter the luxurious surrounds of Garden Court Restaurant and feel welcome by a glass of Veuve Clicquot on arrival. Enjoy a divine selection of canapés and De Bortoli wines throughout the evening.
- Dinner – $89 per person
- Treat your special someone to an intimate three-course dinner in the botanic oasis of Garden Court Restaurant. Spend a romantic evening together with a glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne on arrival and take home a selection of delicious petit fours to share with your amour.
- $100 per person (or $90 for members)
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day watching the sunset over Sydney Harbour and stargazing with a drink in hand after nightfall. Indulge in delicious canapés (gluten free and vegetarian options available) and be seduced by romantic jazz music under the stars. Guided by astronomical experts, peer through our amazing South Dome telescope (weather permitting) — the oldest working telescope in Australia. You can also explore the night sky through telescopes in our courtyard, or using tablets and digital software if the weather is overcast. Plus witness constellations mapped out in front of your eyes and see the night sky progress from dusk to dawn in high speed in our digital planetarium.
O Bar & Dining
- Get loved up on February 14th with French champagne and a 4-course dinner overlooking our spectacular harbour. Choose from three packages:
- Cristal Room Package – $750pp
- Window table in our exclusive Private Dining Room includes: Bottle of 2009 Louis Roederer Cristal Champagne, chef’s canapes on arrival, 4-course dinner, dozen long stem roses and a box of homemade chocolates
- Gold Package – $295pp
- Window table, 4-course dinner, with a bottle of Louis Roederer Brut Champagne
- Silver package – $225pp
- 4-course dinner and a glass of Louis Roederer Brut Champagne.
If you would like recommendations for romantic experiences, weekends aways, gift ideas or flower delivery, please contact us.