2016 was a great year for us, business and personal wise. When we weren’t busy ticking off our client’s to-do lists, we love living life to the full. In no particular order, here are our Top 10 personal highlights:
- Started the year in style in a private room at Hotel Palisade for a wedding party, with 270-degree stunning harbour views;
- Also enjoyed views from top of the new Westpac building at Barangaroo, Supper Club at Intercontinental Sydney, Double Bay Intercontinental Rooftop Pool, Pierce’s Pass Picnic Area in the Blue Mountains, sailing around the Whitsundays;
- Settled into our new home and business premises in Leichhardt;
- Cruised the harbour on Australia Day, watching the regatta, tall ships race, Ferrython and RAAF hornets fly-by;
- Was lucky enough to eat at Bennelong, Fred’s, pork buns at Michelin starred Tim Ho Wan, the new improved Aria, O Bar & Dining, Restaurant Hubert, Aqua Dining, Newport Arms, Tella Balls Dessert Cafe, Peats Bite, Bouche on Bridge, and attend the Kensington St Social media launch;
- Visited friends and family on a whirlwind trip to the UK – including exploring 8 counties, Kinky Boots Musical, a garden tour of Buckingham Palace, Devonshire Tea in Devon, Ascot Races, watching West Ham FC v Juventus at their new home ground (the Olympic Stadium), punting on the River Camb, Battle Proms and lunch at Michelin-starred Feras;
- Other holidays included a 3,152km road trip to Fraser Island, relaxing break on Hamilton island, spontaneous day trip to Orange, staycation at the Old Clare Hotel for Valentine’s Day, camping on Lake Conjola and Myall Lakes, a weekend at Mornington Peninsula for a friend’s wedding, as well as hiring a large house in Port Stephens with friends;
- Had breakfast with Nigella Lawson;
- Saw Madonna (note: waiting over 2 hours for her to show up was a lowlight), as well as Cirque du Soleil: Kooza and Crowded House at the Opera House (after waiting 20 years)!;
- Speaking of concerts, we got tickets to see Adele – roll on March 2017!
One of our resolutions for 2017 is to go on a mini break at least once a month – we have already booked this month’s (a houseboat on the Hawkesbury), February’s (Sydney’s Northern Beaches) and March (Patonga Campsite).
We believe life is short and it’s never too early to start ticking off your Bucket List. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can help you organise yours. Also don’t forget to follow our adventures on our Facebook page.